Ifeoluwa, accused of setting ablaze her Cairo, Egypt-based husband, Bolu Bamidele, in their house at Koka community in Osun State has committed suicide

Bamidele was said to have sustained severe injury after the incident and was rushed to a private hospital in Osogbo, where he was later referred to the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State.

He gave up the ghost on Tuesday.

Giving account of what transpired, a member of Bamidele’s family, who spoke on condition of anonymity, alleged that Ifeoluwa saw transaction details of a huge amount of money made by the deceased and suspected he was involved in infidelity.

The source said the issue led to a quarrel between the couple, which made Ifeoluwa’s younger sister living with them to rush out of the house to look for those who would settle the matter.

He further said: “Ifeoluwa’s sister living with the family was the one that called people’s attention to the fire ravaging the house when she returned and saw smoke.

“They quickly rushed to the scene.

“Bamidele was trapped in the room for about 20 minutes before we could remove the burglar proof bars to enter.

“He was completely burnt down.

“He was living in Cairo and returned home before the last Eid Kabir celebration.

“They got engaged just a few months back.

“They met at a polytechnic in Offa, Kwara State when they were both students some years back.

“The woman doused the husband and the entire house with petrol and set it on fire.

“The victim died around 4pm on Tuesday while on admission at the UCH, Ibadan.”

Until Friday, Ifeoluwa was said to be on the run and the Osun State Police Command launched a manhunt to apprehend her.

But Ifeoluwa’s remains were identified by Bode, an elder brother to her husband, at the morgue of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Hospital, Jaleyemi, Osogbo on Friday.

Those sighted at the morgue on the hospital premises, where Ifeoluwa’s remains were, included her father and some other relatives.

Sources in the hospital told City Round that the deceased was rushed on Thursday evening from another hospital in Ilesa, where she was admitted after taking a poisonous substance.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, further said: “She (Ifeoluwa) died around 7pm on Thursday.

“She was rushed in from a hospital in Ilesa after taking a poisonous substance.”

It was also learnt that Ifeoluwa was brought to the hospital by a relation she contacted and revealed her hideout in Ilesa to.

In a suicide note by Ifeoluwa sighted by our Correspondent, she denied killing her husband and called on his friends and family to investigate the cause of the death.

The note read in part: “I did not kill your friend.

“You all know.

“I genuinely loved him and I still do even to the point of my death.

“Do findings everywhere, Omobaba and Fourty especially, I am counting on you guys.

“Boluwatife will appreciate this so much.”

The state police spokesperson, Yemisi Opalola, could not be reached for comment on the matter.

Calls made to her mobile rang out and she had yet to reply to a text message sent to her as of the time this report was filed.