Fresh Job Vacancy as a Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile Nigeria is a proudly Nigerian private limited liability company empowered by Unified Access Service License from the Federal Government of Nigeria in March 2007 to provide a broad range of telecommunication services nationwide across the voice, data and enterprise services spectrum.
9mobileNigeria has taken a leading role in the market for exceptional Customer Experience, Quality of Service, and Innovation. At 9mobile, Innovation is not just a buzz word; it is about how the company brings meaning into people’s lives, and relentlessly pushes the frontiers to find new ways to solve everyday challenges.
Job Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job at 9mobile Nigeria.
Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
9Mobile Nigeria Job Description:
- Oversee every element of how Product development is developed, integrated, validated, brought to market and serviced from a solution delivery standpoint spanning the BSS/OSS stack.
- Coordinate product platform capabilities and capacity with technology teams in line with the product roadmap, business plan, supplier roadmap, or market/industry trends.
- Manage interfaces with other partner organizations involved in the development and delivery of products and services (e.g. roaming, interconnect, etc.).
- Manage key phases of the product lifecycle from concept approval to in-Service Support.
Principal Functions Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development at 9mobile Nigeria
- Lead and provide broad development support covering design, application architecture, build, integration, quality assurance, support and optimization for large-scale product and service delivery infrastructures. Responsible for driving innovation in the OSS/BSS space geared toward superior products and service delivery.
- Partake in establishing and maintaining a world-class OSS/BSS architecture, consistent with best industry practices and fit for delivering on EMTS’ business objectives.
- Establish and maintain a best-fit enterprise software development environment leveraging on latest technologies for quality service support delivery in a cost-effective manner
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Keep abreast of global and local best practice and products/offerings/technologies as it relates to the team’s functions.
- Participate in the IT capacity management forums. Also, contribute to cross-program governance to ensure companywide alignment across Architecture, Data Models, Business Processes, Development, Integration, Testing, Deployment and Commissioning processes.
- Ensure the right mix of competencies, tools and manning levels required to achieve the unit/function’s strategy and ensure consistency with overall business objectives.
- Support IT Strategy and the program and portfolio management teams & others in the design of OSS/BSS initiatives, project selection, prioritization and scheduling based on commercial objectives.
- Manage relationship with ITO vendor in ensuring ITO business objectives as it relates to product management are achieved.
- Support product innovation/shape product design and drive higher ROI by educating product managers on any untapped platform capabilities.
- Manage inter-departmental relationships, especially with the Commercial, Network Engineering &Operations, Finance, and Internal Control functions.
- Provide leadership in translating business requirements into technical designs as well as all the technical deliveries from concept to in-service support. Lead all solution analysis and design in the product management space.
- Own the product catalogue and ensure that is current/up-to-date and that both commercial and technical catalogues are in sync.
- Support the demand management function in negotiating delivery priorities for new product/service requests, ensuring optimal use of delivery capacity without cost overruns.
- Manage ITO and other product/service implementation partners and ensure defect-free products are delivered for UAT and that defects raised during the UAT are prompted treated. Coordinate the prompt resolution of post-launch defects.
- Support direct reports/teams in managing deliverables, SLAs/OLAs, and in driving actions /recommendations for improving product and service quality.
- Interface with product managers from various business units on matters related to product management throughout the life cycle.
- Propose / champion the formulation of new policies/processes and/or improvement to existing policies/processes, where necessary, to ensure that service levels match demand.
- Responsible for all BSS/OSS deliverables on projects as defined in project schedules/plans.
- Serve as IT interface for all matters related to Technical Roaming, & Inter-carrier partner/solution integration.
- Manage every indicator of risk within the product management domain and ensure adequate/acceptable mitigation. Accountable for the implementation of agreed audit recommendations related to products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Product & Service Integration
9Mobile Nigeria Qualifications And Requirements:
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science / IT or a related / relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years combined relevant Telecom/IT experience with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in leading and high-impact role(s) with progressive levels of responsibilities and at least half of these in solution architecting.
- Strong OSS / BSS experience implementing products and services in large and very dynamic telecom/mobile operations environment.
- Must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of telecoms protocols e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN, IP, CAMEL, etc.;
- Strong technical knowledge of integration /middleware technologies and approaches, core network elements (e.g. SMSC, USSD GW, VAS platforms, etc.) including experience in the Intelligent Networks (IN)/Charging platforms, voucher management, CRM tools, etc.;
- Knowledge or experience in current software development tools and frameworks, virtualization and container technologies, and database management platforms.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess good people management / exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; will have strong experience in negotiating solution architectures and implementation options.
- A strong can-do attitude and aptitude to drive innovation within the OSS/BSS domain.
- Knowledge of/experience in the Huawei IN nodes and the TIBCO middleware suite will be an advantage BUT a comparable experience (i.e. in other OEM IN technologies &middleware) will be acceptable in near equal weight.
- Working knowledge and experience with service-oriented architecture will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with TMF or related / comparable standards will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate excellently (verbal and written), particularly in communicating complex technical details in very simple and clear business terms.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure.
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
- Effective at influencing and driving change.
- Experience with producing business cases and UML/other renowned solution modelling experience.
To apply for the Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development at 9mobile Nigeria, click on the button below:
Lastly, help us share this “9mobile Nigeria Job Vacancy” article with other people via social media using the share tool at the top and bottom of this post.
Thanks for checking out, we look forward to more visit from you to our website.
Don’t forget to rate this post and share your thoughts on this by dropping a comment below, it is very important to us. THANK YOU.